ambiSHEous™ is coming back to Sudbury!
Don't be shy. Just apply.
ambiSHEous™ programs provide real-life learning for girls with #goals. Girls just like you who want to own your own future...
Learn the real-life stuff they don't teach you in school. From making and managing money to politics and social change - get the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to step forward, navigate and succeed. Learn first hand how to turn your ideas into action by collaborating to develop and pitch a small business or social venture. By combining entrepreneurship training, civics, and leadership development ambiSHEous™ fuels your future in a seriously useful way.
Ambition is welcome. No previous experience or special skills are required.
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet device. Healthy snacks & lunch included.
In addition to ongoing access to workshop materials and our online community, girls who complete the program will receive a certificate of participation.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Unboxed Health in collaboration with the Greater Sudbury Public Library, ambiSHEous™ is pleased to offer our flagship StartUp Self Workshop free of charge to selected applicants this coming August, 7-8, 2018.
The application period is MAY 1 - MAY 27, 2018.
Girls entering grades 7-9 are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be invited to join the workshop on the strength of their submission and notified by June 10, 2018 if they have been selected. All other applicants will be added to a waiting list.
Contact us here if you have questions.
GREater SUBDURY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Main Branch 74 MacKenzie St.
The startup Self™ WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Monday, August 6: 6:00-8:00 pm
- Icebreaker Evening
Tuesday, August 7: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Fuel Your Future: Learn why money matters, how to make it work for you, and what it means to exchange value.
- Building Blocks: Unpack business basics - spot profit - and learn how to build influence and shape positive change.
- Brainstorm: Explore the difference between a bright idea and a good business opportunity.
Wednesday, August 8: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Study the Money: Discover the tools you need to develop, plan, and pitch your business or social venture.
- Brand Building: Use creativity and marketing smarts to bring your new venture to life visually.
- Launch & Grow: Learn why purpose matters as much as profit, and what it really takes grow.
Please take a few minutes to fill our the following application form. As the form cannot be saved, it is recommended applicants have their reference information and submission statement prepared in advance.
Parents are required to provide contact information and confirm the participant's availability for the workshop, August 7-8, 2018.